We exist to lead people to love Christ, love others, and live life on purpose.
WE VALUE THE JOURNEY.
- As a community, we believe that we are all works in progress…that none of us have life or faith completely figured out; so it is our constant desire to come alongside individuals and families as we take the next step towards Christlikeness and intimacy with the Creator. We joyfully and wholeheartedly encourage people to explore, question, and wrestle with what it means to live out and communicate the teachings of Jesus. And because we see faith as a journey we wholly expect to make mistakes and fail along the way…we just want to keep falling and crawling in the direction of Jesus and His kingdom. And as a church our commitment to the journey means that (when it comes to programs, processes, music styles, and how we operate on a weekly basis) change is assumed, risk taking is anticipated, innovation is expected, new perspectives are welcome, and creativity is prized.
- Philippians 1:6; Genesis 12:1-2; Hebrews 12:1-2; Psalm 23:1-6
WE VALUE WHOLENESS.
- As a community, we believe we were created in the image and likeness of God – we were created to be whole, healthy, flourishing, and free – enjoying peace and harmony with God, self, others, and creation; so we embrace Jesus’ offer of a holistic salvation that redeems every part of us. We believe that, because sin effects and impairs every arena and facet of life, God desires to heal us physically, mentally, emotionally, relationally, and spiritually…that He cares as much about this life as the life to come. So, as a church, we link arms with individuals, churches, and organizations who are committed to joining God daily in His mission of caring for the whole person…kneeling in solidarity with the hurting so we can rise in celebration with the healthy.
- Genesis 1-3; 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24; Luke 4:18-21; James 2:14-17; 2 Corinthians 3:18; 5:17; Matthew 5:9
WE VALUE COMMUNITY.
- As a community created in the image and likeness of God we believe that we are designed to live in and enjoy community that mirrors what the Holy Trinity has shared throughout eternity. We believe we were wired for relationships of reciprocal love and mutual delight…that we were designed to live deeply connected lives, carrying each other’s burdens, sharing our goods and possessions, picking each other up when we fall, and celebrating like mad when we succeed. We believe in open, authentic communication, intentional intimacy and accountability, and a community without boundaries, borders, or divisions that constantly moves people from isolation to inclusion. We laugh together, and we cry together and we do both without shame or embarrassment, because we believe that it’s in these honest, loving relationships that God changes us and gets the attention of those who do not yet know Him. In short, we believe that no one can walk the Jesus way alone – all of life, faith, and ministry flow into and out of community.
- Genesis 1:27; John 13:35; Acts 2:42-47; 4:32-35; Galatians 3:26-28; Romans 12:9-18; 1 Corinthians 12:12-27
WE VALUE SERVICE.
- As a community we believe we were designed and created to live for something larger than ourselves…that we were designed to practice a living faith deeply rooted in the life and ways of Jesus. We believe that we are God’s visible, ongoing presence in the world, called to use everything at our disposal to love, serve, sacrifice for, and meet the needs of the world He loves. Our role is to be a compelling, compassionate force for good in the world, leading the way towards a better world for all, working to create systems and processes that benefit everyone and oppress no one, caring about the things Jesus cares about, and doing the things Jesus would do in our communities and neighborhoods if He were still physically on earth. So, led and empowered by the Spirit of God, our community daily seeks to meet the needs of our local and global neighbors, passionately and tirelessly working to relieve suffering and thwart injustice, putting flesh on grace and peace, and living out the transforming message of the resurrected Jesus.
- Isaiah 58:6-12; Proverbs 14:31; Micah 6:8; Matthew 20:27-28; 25:31-46; Galatians 5:13-14; Hebrews 6:10-12; James 1:27
WE VALUE CELEBRATION.
- As a community, we believe God is good, God is just, God is kind, and God is loving. We believe He is all-knowing, all-powerful, and always present everywhere. We believe He makes good out of evil and redeems our suffering. We believe He is the King of kings and Lord of lords, and that He alone is worthy of all praise. We believe that, because of the resurrection, hope is a reality and tomorrow can be better than today. So we wake up daily expecting an encounter with the divine…expecting to hear stories of transformation, redemption, and new life. And this gives us great cause for celebration. We celebrate the divine in the daily – constantly marveling at God’s work in the everyday, mundane parts of life, and being blown away by His power and willingness to heal, and change, and make lives better. And because we believe that in Christ all of life is being redeemed and made sacred, we don’t wait for Sundays to worship and praise our Creator and Redeemer. Instead, we seek to live lives of hope, gratitude, and worship every day of the week…we love life with both hands…because we believe that the best way to worship God is to live life with such exuberance, enthusiasm, expectancy, and joy that everyone we know and come in contact with falls in love with Him.
- Psalm 118:24; Philippians 2:5-11; Revelation 5:13-14; 7:9-12; Psalm 106:1-3; 1 Timothy 1:17; Romans 8:28